Occupation: Resident Technical Sales, Market Development and Engineering Project Support
Employment Commencement Date: July 1, 2012
Positions Available: 1
- Basic understanding of electrical components, awareness of CSA regulations and Canadian Electrical Code.
- Desire to learn how technical products work safely, solve problems and a belief that "Learning more leads to earning more".
- $35K to $40K Base
- Commission on assigned products and Bonus for reaching graduated sales targets.
- Command your own salary!
- Marketing existing inventory to end users and network with other dealers.
- Create promotional marketing flyers, web alerts and direct e-mailing to buyers.
- Manage confidential database by sector and product.
- Develop sales network for non-electrical assets.
- Develop database of known surplus inventory locations. "Just in Time" concept for in-house project consumption.
- Establish viable sales network among contractors, OEM's and small industrial plants.
- Develop power quality product segment to maturity and eventual separate business unit.
- Technical product familiarity and relevance to specific industry groups.
- Communication skills: telephone, computer, positive image and shop environment.
Transorb Electrical Products LTD is now in our 12th fiscal year, our best business year yet! We never targeted local business in our plans but now enjoy good support from the two industrial plants located here. Marketing and sales efforts have lead to mostly "word of mouth" referrals and provided us sales from Alaska to Malaysia.
- You will be trained by someone with a broad range of experience from consultants to training distributor staff. Hours of work are flexible provided you pull your weight and work well within our team.
- You'll learn electrical equipment building and wholesaling skills.
- Receive ample opportunity selling inventory or "Just-in-Time" mature products.
- A flexible work environment.
- Possible management future.
- Meet and work with influential "players" within our industry sector.
- Medical benefit plan.
- Beautiful Southern BC location with reasonable living costs.
- Short range travel around town biking or walking to most amenities.
Living in Boundary country is like being in paradise, without the shopping. Picture walking, biking or canoeing to work each day. Hot summers like the Okanagan but without the tourist traffic. When you need a break away from the office have lunch the 'OL Swimming Hole - it's only 2 blocks away on the Kettle River. Our historic gold, silver and lead mining area is now coming back to life and offers a rich history.
Country life is not for everyone - but knowing your neighbours, sharing local produce, volunteering in local events or having a chat with the Mayor are all elements comprising our way of life here! Should you choose to live at beautiful Christina Lake, you can expect a long 10 minute commute each day and stressful traffic jams caused by Big Horn Sheep, Deer and Wild Turkeys.
If this sounds like the company and part of the counrty you can puts roots down, please contact:
Bob Milner - President
Transorb Electrical Products LTD
Toll free 1.866.442-5225
* mouse over magazine cover for issue identification