MPC Consulting Ltd. is pleased to offer a permanent Senior Control Systems Engineer position for an experienced person who wants to work for a company where they can make a difference. Our office, based in Sidney BC, affords our staff with the best work location, climate, and lifestyle opportunities found anywhere in Canada.
As a Senior Control Systems Engineer you will possess a strong background in industrial control systems, instrumentation and SCADA systems. As a member of our team, you will contribute to the daily success of the organization demonstrating expertise in project management and executing projects. The Senior Control Systems Engineer will play a significant role in developing business with new customers in new markets. Your work will be predominantly based out of our Sidney, BC office, although site visits to our customers will be required.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science;
- P.Eng. designation (registered or eligible for registration with APEGBC);
- Business development/ sales experience;
- Experience preparing quotes and writing proposals;
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience designing, configuring and supporting industrial controls and SCADA devices on a data network, including HMIs, PLCs, RTU’s etc.;
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously or a single project of major size and scope;
- Experience providing leadership and mentorship to staff.
- Project management - ensure successful implementation, execution and completion of projects as per criteria, budget and time;
- Evaluate client requests and provide solutions, ranging from contract administration to technical implementation of specific projects;
- Design, oversee implementation of, and maintain highly advanced network strategies to meet a broad spectrum of business needs as they relate to industrial controls and SCADA networks;
- Evaluate, design and support the most highly technical and complex aspects of industrial controls and SCADA communications, infrastructures and related real time systems, under minimal supervision;
- Provide engineering expertise, advice and problem solving during the detail design and construction phases of projects;
- Create and develop specifications relating to controls and instrumentation for large scale implementations of PLC/SCADA systems;
- Business development with new customer in new markets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of best practices in business development;
- Ability to make cold calls and presentations to potential customers;
- Ability to design and specify instrumentation including smart instruments;
- Strong research and writing skills as well as a working knowledge of ISA standards;
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with co-workers and customers;
- Ability to present complex ideas, both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, flow charts, schematic and ladder diagrams, and control sequences, which may also involve various software languages and formats;
- Authorized to work in Canada, have a current passport and a valid BC drivers’ licence;
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally and internationally.
MPC Consulting Ltd. is Vancouver Island's (British Columbia, Canada) premier engineering company in the field of industrial automation. Our focus is on projects that include Industrial Control Systems, Instrumentation, and SCADA systems. We have delivered a variety of projects and services for customers in Canada, the USA, and with high-profile international customers. Our unique end-to-end competency allows us to offer customers a complete “design build” option to meet all project needs from a single source.
Why Choose MPC
As a Control Systems Senior Engineer, you will enhance your career by being involved in technically challenging projects while working within a team of dedicated professionals. In recognition of your skills and experience we offer a competitive salary, a positive and challenging work environment and the opportunity to be a part of exciting local, national and international projects.
For further information about MPC please visit www.mpcconsulting.net . Qualified applicants should email their resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) to Lori Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.