Osso Electrical Supplies is a Division of Sonepar Canada is searching for a Branch Manager. Sonepar Canada is a member of the world’s largest privately-held electrical distributor, Sonepar, present in more than 30 countries with approximately 2,100 locations and 30,000 employees.
We have grown significantly over the years thanks to organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our businesses are each unique and we foster an opportunistic spirit in our company every day. We stay true to our entrepreneurial roots with our decentralized organizational structure and independently run divisions. Sonepar Canada has over 1,500 employees working out of 90 offices between our six distinctive labels.
Each of our family companies are all independently run because our customers deserve personalized treatment, tailored to various industries and clientele. We understand that one size doesn’t fit all – we operate based on the needs of our customers and the ways that they do business. We serve the commercial, industrial, utility, and residential markets across the country. We pride ourselves on our values and place an emphasis on respect. Our customers, our suppliers and our employees are the heart of our company.
Green Performance: With Blueway.ca we’ve built a community of interest supporting eco-friendly behaviour and the creation and use of sustainable electricity. We are leading the initiative by being a reliable information source and facilitating online discussions.
Responsible for directing, maintaining, and controlling branch activities. Oversee general operations and sales at a branch level including counter and inside sales, inventory levels, purchasing, warehouse and delivery operations and overall facility supervision. Insure a high degree of customer service, and generate sales for the branch by servicing existing accounts and developing new accounts. Managing and encouraging optimal performance of all direct reports, including training. Ensuring a safe and comfortable working environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with Management and Outside Sales team to achieve branch sales & margin goals
- Provide guidance, direction and monitoring of internal staff, ensuring everyone is working effectively towards common goals. Insure staff is aware of company expectations and are well trained in company procedure.
- Prepare customer quotations, enter orders, and follow up on leads and quotes as required.
- Co-ordinate price levels and acceptable profit margins by discussion and communication with senior management and sales representatives. Provide competitive information on price and service levels when possible to senior management. Provide reports and budgets as required.
- Insure that all sales areas including the counter area, are kept clean and up to company standard, and that displays, marketing programs, and POS product offerings are prominently and effectively displayed. Insure that all health and safety standards are upheld.
- Communicate with head office Credit Department associates to insure adherence to credit standards, and DSO requirements.
- Develop vendor relationships on a local level where necessary, to insure co-operation on project pricing, and some stock pricing where approved by management.
- Maintain all work scheduling and vacation schedules for branch staff.
- Work closely with management to monitor, and review all staff performance. Conduct all branch employee performance appraisals as required. Monitor staffing requirements of the branch, and consult with senior management to discuss any changes that may be required.
- Resolve day to day personnel issues where management decisions are required.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in customer service, sales and/or distribution an asset
- Industry knowledge/experience required.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of related experience
Total compensation will be a competitive base salary plus a yearly bonus tied to project completions and overall organization results. Group Benefits include medical with a vision plan, pension, education support and a joint investment plan.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should email their resumes to Lawton Osler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only resumes emailed to Lawton Osler at email@example.com will be given consideration.
Osso Electrical Supplies is a wholesale Electrical Distributor and a division of Sonepar Canada. We are a privately owned, independent group of wholesalers and a leader in the distribution of electrical and safety equipment. With over 100 branches in six provinces and 1000 dynamic employees, Sonepar serves the residential, commercial, industrial and utility markets across the country. We pride ourselves on our values and place an emphasis on respect; our customers, our suppliers and our employees are the heart of our company.
Please take the time to learn about our company at www.SoneparCanada.com and our BlueWay initiative.
Thank you for taking the time to apply for this opportunity. We recognize the effort it takes. We review EVERY resume submitted. We would like to reply to each and every applicant, however, time simply does not permit it. We will reply to candidates whose resume matches our needs.
Click HERE to view job posting on the Sonepar Canada website.
* mouse over magazine cover for issue identification